About the Department
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering was established in the year with an intake of 60 and was enhanced to 120 in the year 2012. Department has well qualified and experienced teaching faculty and technical staff with state of the art laboratories to meet the quality education required for present challenging societal and industrial needs.
Department is involved in research activities in the areas of wireless communication, Image Processing, Control System, Computer Networks, VLSI and Embedded systems, Bio-Medical.
Department is actively involved in co-curricular activities in associations with industries and professional bodies.
Department also organizes workshop, seminars, Industrial visit, Internship program through the technical forum to enable
the students to upgrade their knowledge.
To develop highly skilled and globally competent professionals in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering
to meet industrial and social requirements with ethical responsibility.
- To provide State-of-art technical education in Electronics and Communication at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, to meet the needs of the profession and society and achieve excellence in teaching-learning and research.
- To develop talented and committed human resource, by providing an opportunity for innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership with high standards of professional ethics, transparency and accountability.
- To function collaboratively with technical Institutes/Universities/Industries, offer opportunities for interaction among faculty-students and promote networking with alumni, industries and other stake-holders.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- To improve academic performance of students using innovative and creative methods of teaching.
- To conduct programs for students to acquire better skills.
- To encourage research activities.
- To strengthen the department infrastructure and human resources.
- To conduct workshops/conferences/seminars for knowledge sharing.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- To establish a research center for facilitating research activities in various domains of Electronics and communication Engineering.
- To offer consultancy services to industries.
- To establish and strengthen industry-institute interaction.
- To have more number of publications and patents in the emerging areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To be among top ten leading institutes in India and abroad and be recognized as the best department in terms of research and innovation.
- To create entrepreneurs in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
After successful completion of program, the graduates will be:
- PEO1: Graduates will have a successful professional career and will be able to pursue higher education and research globally in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering thereby engaging in lifelong learning.
- PEO2:Graduates will be able to analyse, design and create innovative products by adapting to the current and emerging technologies while developing a conscience for environmental/ societal impact.
- PEO3:Graduates with strong character backed with professional attitude and ethical values will have the ability to work as a member and as a leader in a team.
After successful completion of program, the graduates will be:
- PSO1: To comprehend the fundamental ideas in Electronics and Communication Engineering and apply them to identify, formulate and effectively solve complex engineering problems using latest tools and techniques.
- PSO2:To work successfully as an individual pioneer, team member and as a leader in assorted groups, having the capacity to grasp any requirement and compose viable solutions.
- PSO3:To be articulate, write cogent reports and make proficient presentations while yearning for continuous self improvement.
- PSO4:To exhibit honesty, integrity and conduct oneself responsibly, ethically and legally; holding the safety and welfare of the society paramount.