Applications are invited for the post of Dean-Academics, Dean-Research, Dean-Student Affairs.
PAY SCALE: Professor pay scale as per AICTE with applicable increments.
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in Civil/Electrical /Electronics/Computer Science/Mechanical Engineering discipline and published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of ten publications as books and/or research papers in indexed reputed journals.
- A minimum of Fifteen years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level Institutions/Industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology mediated teaching learning process.
- Candidates must submit a vision statement for the position applied.
Roles & Responsibilities
Dean-Academics Affairs will act in consultation with the Principal, for the all-round Academic Development of the Institute. The Roles & Responsibility of Dean-Academic Affairs is as follows.
- Admission and enrolment of students.
- To Plan for the new academic programme as per the decision of the Governing Council in getting approval from concerned statutory bodies, getting affiliation from the University.
- Finalisation of the academic calendar, time-table, registration of students for the course and examinations, classroom arrangements and all other requirements for the proper conduct of classwork.
- Reviewing Course module & Lesson plan.
- Reviewing Course Outcomes, Mapping of CO with PO & PSOs, PAM and the Curriculum Gap as per NBA.
- Conduct of class tests and coordinating the finalization of the session’s evaluations and for ensuring the timely declaration of results.
- Supervision of the maintenance of up-to-date academic records of all categories of students.
- Organising meeting of all the Institute level academic bodies.
- Arranging the issue of all academic certificates, medals and prizes to the students.
- To arrange for the conduct of those examinations which are to be conducted by the Institute as stipulated by VTU.
- To co-ordinate for the conduct of Graduation Day.
- Faculty appraisal & deputation of faculties for FDPs /Training
- Setting up of new labs & arranging for consumable.
- Planning co-curricular activities.
- Periodical MIS report to Management.
Any other work assigned by the Principal.
Dean – Research will act in consultation with the Principal for the overall development of Research & Publication activities of the Institution. Dean – Research also responsible for the co-curricular activities of the Institute. The Roles & Responsibilities are as under;
- Motivating Faculty members to actively involve in Research & Publication.
- Monitoring the activities of the Research Centre’s.
- Monitoring the research progress of faculty members pursuing a PhD.
- Create and maintain a database regarding Faculty expertise.
- Maintain a database of resource persons from other reputed institution.
- Recommending faculty members for participation in Conference/ Seminar/ Workshop.
- Recommending project proposals of departments / individual faculty to funding agencies.
- Facilitating in setting up/ procuring equipment & consumables required to conduct research/consultancy project.
- Monitoring the activities of the innovation and creativity of the college.
- Monitoring the progress of product development in the departments.
- Monitoring of effective utilization of funds of externally funded projects and related financial matters.
- To formulate policy for Sponsored Research and Consultation Project.
- All matters related to sponsored research and consultation services, continuing education programme, Industry Institute Interaction Programme, etc.
- All matter related to IPR.
- Coordinate for co-curricular activities (Project exhibitions, Tech fests, quizzes, etc.) for the students.
- Any other work assigned by the Principal.
Except for Academic matters which is dealt with by Dean – Academics, all students related issues are the responsibility of the Dean – Student Affair. He is also responsible for the extra-curricular activities of students. He also chairs the Disciplinary committee which looks into the violation of disciplinary rules by the students. Following are the function of Dean – Student Affair.
- To act as Proctor of the Institute.
- To ensure discipline among students in and outside the campus.
- Ensure Ragging free campus.
- Monitor effective implementation of Institutes Mentorship Program.
- To interact with Parents/Guardians of Students about their progress and individual problems/Welfare.
- To chair the Disciplinary committee & conduct the enquiries of students indulged in indiscipline.
- To co-ordinate the extra-curricular activities of the students.
- To monitor the matters related to the Students Union/Association/Council.
- Coordinating merit scholarship and other scholarships and issuing conduct certificate.
- Monitoring effective implementation of Grievance Redressal Mechanism.
- Responsible for the publication of students’ Magazines, News Bulletins, Newsletter etc.
- Monitoring the working of Canteen and other convenience shops in the campus including checking of Price and quality of the product.
- Monitoring all matters related to Hostels.
- Any other work assigned by the Principal.
Please forward your resume along with your recent passport size photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org