Fourth Online Alumni Meet held at ATME
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering organized Alumni Meet-2020 on 6th June 2020 on Google Meet platform. The event was scheduled at 10 am. The meeting details were shared to alumnus during the registration. Around 55 alumni were present in the meeting.
Principal Dr. Basavaraj L, started the meeting by welcoming all the alumnus and staffs of the department. He informed students about the department getting accredited and also felt proud of being the second youngest college in Karnataka to get accreditation and thank alumnus for their support rendered during the accreditation process. He informed alumnus to be associated with the college in future too.
Dr. Mahesh P K, HOD, Department of ECE, addressed alumni and gave insights about department’s achievement in the last academic year and highlighted the importance of stake holders’ inputs for the growth of the department.
- He informed alumni about purchasing LabVIEW software and IOT kits for the sake of conducting internship for final year students in the college.
- He stressed on 20 members (including faculty members and students) clearing CLAD examination. He also requested alumni to address their juniors and create awareness regarding career opportunities.
- Also thanked the alumnus personally for joining the meeting.
Later senior staff members Dr. Bhagyashree S R, Dr. Prathiba M K, Dr. Yathisha L, Mrs. Pavithra A C and Mr. Abhilash G interacted with the alumnus. During alumnus faculty interaction Mr. Nithin (2014 batch passed out) suggested to establish an AI Lab since it is a booming domain as of now and he assured to help to setup the lab. HoD appreciated his suggestion and assured him to look into lab establishment in future.
Mr. Shashank (2018 batch passed out) appreciated ATME for being active in social media. He expressed happiness about ATMEya 2020 conducted by Department of ECE and he admitted that he had come along with his friends to witness both the days’ events.
He also suggested the final year students and passed out students to be active in Linkedin to get the better job offer. HOD replied saying that students already have their Linkedin account.
Ms. Swathi (2018 batch passed out) currently perceiving her MBA in SJCE suggested to create a common platform for Department of ECE to post and share the important information regarding job openings. HOD assured her an Alumni Blog will be created in this regard.
Mr. Dhanush(2019 batch passed out) interacted with the attendees and thanked all the faculty members of Department of ECE for guiding him throughout the graduation which has helped him to get placed in a good company.
- He expressed gratitude for giving him soft skill training, better lab facilities, offering certification courses in the department.
- If given a chance in future he would like to guide his juniors regarding the importance of placements. HoD assured him for arranging meeting with final year students.
Likewise, many alumni shared their views regarding department and college. They expressed gratitude about the department for having given them best lab facilities and teaching. Also they expressed happiness for providing the Online Platform for sharing their views.
Finally, Mrs. Harshitha N rendered vote of thanks and meeting concluded.