Report on NI LabVIEW Internship Program
LabVIEW (short for Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Engineering Work bench) is a platform and development environment for a visual programming language from National Instruments. Scientists and researchers around the world have applied LabVIEW successfully for research and development (R&D) in academia. LabVIEW, is used to build virtual instrumentation and take an effective graphical system design approach.
LabVIEW is a proven integrated development environment for interfacing with measurement and control hardware, analyzing data, publishing results, and distributing systems using a graphical programming approach.
LabVIEW designed to be used in
- Signal processing, analysis, and connectivity
- Integration with real-time systems, FPGAs, and other deployment hardware
- Data management, logging, and reporting
- Application distribution
- Development tools and validation
- Control and simulation
Internship was conducted by Ms. Lavanya shree, National Instruments, Hyderabad and Mr. Mahesh G S from Opti thought, Chennai from 11th to 31st July 2019.
In this course, totally 81 members were participated from ECE Department, out of which 6 faculties of ECE department also undergone with the LabVIEW internship training.
Internship program includes LabVIEW Core I and Core II concepts of programming.
LabVIEW Core-1 Course Details
- Introducing LabVIEW Environment
- Comparison with Text Based Programming
- Creating and using LabVIEW projects
- Parts of VI-Front Panel-Block Diagram-Icon and Connector Panel-Controls Pallete-Functions Pallete- Documentation of VIs
Creating First Application:
- Indicators-Controls- wiring the controls and indicators- building VIs- run modes data
- Types in LabVIEW- development of GUIs- LabVIEW help
- Searching controls, VIs and functions- implementing a VI- basic arithmetic’s in LabVIEW
- Understanding the dataflow programming model of LabVIEW
- Recognizing different data types
- Tools for developing, cleaning and organizing your VIs
- Using Express VIs to build a basic VI
LabVIEW Core 2 concepts includes
- Data acquisition using LabVIEW- digital I/o- analog I/o- reading data from real world- writing data to real world Communicating Data Between Parallel Loops
- Implementing Design Patterns
- Creating and Distributing Applications
During Internship Program hands-on sessions was there with MyDAQ and MyRIO hardware kits, which were brought from SJBIT-NI LabVIEW academy, Bengaluru. Students were done with small projects with the hardware kits.
On successful completion of the three-week program, on 31st July 2019 the CLAD certification exam was conducted. Totally 59 members appeared for the exam including six faculty members. Among 59 members, 19 students and five faculties were successful in clearing the Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer(CLAD) certification Exam.
Benefits of the short term training as follows:
- More than 200 companies like Honeywell, BOSCH, National Semiconductors, BHEL, General Electric Corporation, TATA power, Indian Air Force etc. have been benefited from NI training programme in India.
- Companies like Siemens, General Electric Corporation, Delphi recruit candidates with experience in LabVIEW.
- All sorts of hardware and software projects can be done using LabVIEW.
- CLAD cleared students will be given priority while recruitment.
- CLAD cleared persons are allowed to give training on LabVIEW and they will get an opportunity to do their own startup.