Academic council ensures quality in academic activities.
Objective: The Council’s main objective is to ensure a healthy academic atmosphere and enhance the learning experience for the students. It monitors the students’ academic experience and reviews.
Structure & Constitution of the Academic Council shall be as under:
|MEMBERS OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL|
|I||Principal of the College||Chairman||Dr L Basavaraj|
|II||Dean Research||Member||Dr Bhagyashree S R|
|Dean Student Affairs||Member||Dr Rathnakar G|
|Dean Academics||Member Secretary||Dr Govinde Gowda G|
|III||All Heads of the Dept.||Member||Dr Puttegowda – CSE Department|
|Member||Manu vijay – CE Department|
|Member||Dr Mahesh P K – ECE Department|
|Member||Dr Parthasarathy L – EEE Department|
|Member||Dr Srinivasa K – ME Department|
|Member||Dr Mahesh Lohith K S – BS Department|
|IV||Faculties of the College representing different level of teaching staff||Member||Shreeshayana|
|Member||Dr. Mohan Kumar|
|V||Experts from outside the college representing areas such as Industry, R&D, Technical Education, etc.||Member||Sukumar R Director, Cognisite Technologies Pvt. Ltd|
|Member||Dr. Mangala Keshava, BMSCE, Bangalore|
Meetings: The Member Secretary shall, with the approval of the Head of the Institute convene the meetings of the Academic Council at least twice in a year and on such other occasions as may be necessary. Member Secretary shall with the approval of the Head of the Institute prepare the agenda for the meeting. One half of the members shall constitute the quorum, However, if there is no quorum for the meeting up to half an hour, then the meeting shall stand adjourned to the next convenient day fixed, In the adjourned meeting, if there is no quorum for up to half an hour, then the members present shall themselves constitute the quorum and conduct the meeting.
Roles & Responsibilities: Without prejudice to the generality of functions mentioned, the Roles & Responsibilities of Academic Council is as under.
- Discuss and deliberate upon the affiliated University prescribed courses of study, academic regulations, curricula, scheme syllabi and modifications thereof, instructional and evaluation arrangements, methods, procedures relevant thereto and send opinion, comments and modification request to the affiliating University for it’s consideration.
- Adopt the Regulations regarding the admission of students consistent with the university/ Government norms to different programmes of study in the College.
- Frame Regulations consistent with the University norms for the conduct of CIA and initiate measures for improving the quality of teaching, student’s evaluation and student advisory system in the College.
- To formulate policies to improve the TLP in the Institute by promoting Innovative teaching methods, adoption of ICT tools for teaching, identifying teaching needs and arranging for the same.
- Make regulations for sports, extra-curricular activities and proper maintenance and functioning of playgrounds and hostels.
- Recommend to the Governing Body the proposals for institution of new programmes of study at the College.
- Recommend to the Governing Body institution of scholarships, studentships, fellowships, prizes and medals and to frame regulations for award of the same.
- Advise the Governing Body on suggestions pertaining to academic affairs.
- Encourage the faculty members to undertake Sponsored Research, Industrial Consultancy, Continuing education, and related activities and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by the Governing Body.