For Job code ADM003
|The Job:||Resident Engineer- maintenance|
|Education Qualification:||The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.E./B.Tech.) in Civil Engineering from a recognized university or institute.|
|Relevant experience: The candidate should have a minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience in maintenance, operation, or management of engineering or technical facilities, such as building maintenance, utility management, equipment maintenance, or related fields.
Experience in educational institutions: Experience working in maintenance or facilities management roles in educational institutions, particularly in engineering colleges or technical institutes, may be preferred.
Technical knowledge: Strong technical knowledge and expertise in the area of maintenance responsibility, such as civil systems, or other relevant systems. Knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and regulations related to maintenance and facility management. Well versed with preparation of estimates, drawing, billing, etc.
Software Knowledge: Autocad, MS office, Project Management tools.
Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills: Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, identify problems, and develop solutions to ensure proper functioning of facilities and equipment.
Preventive maintenance: Knowledge of preventive maintenance practices, scheduling, and implementation to proactively maintain facilities and equipment, and minimize downtime or disruptions.
Project management: Ability to manage maintenance projects, including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
Team management: Leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively manage a maintenance team, coordinate with other departments, and work with contractors or vendors.
Communication skills: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate with staff, faculty, students, and other stakeholders regarding maintenance-related matters.
Health and safety: Knowledge of health and safety regulations and practices related to maintenance activities, and ensuring compliance with relevant guidelines and protocols.
|Roles and Responsibilities:||1. Plan and execute maintenance work systematically by
a. Preparing schedules for routine maintenance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
b. Monitoring of work carried out as per plans through personal inspection and a sound feedback system.
c. Taking corrective action to minimize the gap between plan and action.
d. Submission of monthly status report on complaints.
e. Continuously striving for an increase in the efficiency of maintenance staff by progressively mechanizing the work and reducing manual work.
2. Trouble-shoot maintenance problems/complaints including plumbing problems.
3. Trouble-shoot, diagnose and correct minor failures of water coolers, fans, pumps etc.
4. To work in liaison and in co-ordination with outside maintenance contractors and technicians.
5. Facilitate in the maintenance of the college grounds.
6. Manage staff of maintenance technicians /semi-skilled, unskilled labour.
7. Inspect the college properties for safety hazards and take corrective action.
8. Co-ordinate the setting up of different areas/classrooms, Seminar Halls/Auditorium etc.
9. Dealing with setup of various rooms, offices and assisting in removal and relocation of offices, rooms, and equipment.
10. Upkeep of maintenance store.
11. Any other function assigned by administrative officer/ Dean-Admin / Principal.
12. Walk-through building spaces regularly to check for irregularities.
13. Preparation of labour/sub-contractor/Contractors bills, Verification of Measurements & Rates.
14. Ensuring timely payment to the vendors/Contractors
15. Certifying the bills after ensuring the quality and on time completion
16. To attend any other work that will be assigned by the higher authorities.