Department of CSE – Computer Science & Design
About the Department
Intake of the Department = 60
With internet expanding in all spheres of life, creativity of human have received no barriers. The demand for incorporating good design with rich media is increasing in all businesses. With increasing focus on user experience, the importance of design methods is also increasing rapidly in IT products and services.
The B.E. in Computer Science and Design aims to develop graduates that are not only well versed with computing approaches, tools, and technologies, but are also experienced with Design approaches and new Media technologies and uses. The course aims at achieving the interdisciplinary skill-set that enables the graduates to bestow themselves in various fields such as IT industry, Animation, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Multimedia, Robotics, Game Development, Entertainment, Digital Analytics many more.
The program has core courses in Computer Science and Design, and many electives which can be taken from Computer Science as well as Design and Digital Media. This enables the students to build a program most suitable for them. The program will prepare students to work in the IT industry as well as digital media industry like gaming, animation, virtual/augmented reality, etc. The program will also permit students, who want to pursue higher studies, to take up higher studies in CS/IT or in Design.
The program aims to develop capabilities in Computer Science as well as Design and Digital Media.
At the end of the program, a student will have:
- Understanding of foundations, limits, and capabilities of computing.
- Ability to design and implement efficient software solutions using suitable algorithms, data structures, and other computing techniques.
- Understanding of Design Principles and Techniques and ability to apply these for developing solutions to human/societal problems.
- Ability to independently explore a problem which can be solved by an Human Computer Interaction (HCI) design process and then design an end-to-end solution to it (i.e., from user need identification to UI design to technical coding and evaluation).
- Ability to effectively use suitable tools and platforms, as well as enhance them, to develop applications/products using for new media design in areas like animation, gaming, virtual reality, etc.