Faculty Name : Dr. Avinash K
● Ph.D Chemistry
● M.Sc Chemistry
● 13+ Years of Experience
● Working as Assistant Professor ATME college of Engineering from 15-7-2012 to till date.
● QA, QC Executive, Klueber Lubrication Pvt. Ind. Ltd. 1 year 2 months
1. K. Ashwini, C. Pandurangappa and K. Avinash, Morphological change based Optical studies of Zinc sulphide Nanophosphor. Materials today chemistry, Volume 4, Issue 11, Part 3, 2017, Pages 12157-12167
2. Avinash K, Nagaraja P, Shivakumar A, Krishna Honnur, Spectrophotometric assay of creatinine in human serum sample, Arabian J Chem., 2013.(IF 2.684)
3. P. Nagaraja, K. Avinash, A. Shivakumar, R. Dinesh, A. K. Shrestha, “Simple and Sensitive Method for the Quantification of Total Bilirubin in Human Serum using 3-methyl-2-benzothiazolinone hydrazone hydrochloride as a Chromogenic Probe”, SpectrochimicaActa Part A: Molecular and BiomolecularSpectroscopy, 77, 2010, 782-786. (IF 2.129)
4. P. Nagaraj, N. Aradhana, A. Shivakumar, A. K. Shrestha, Avinash K Gowda “Spectrophotometric method for the determination of chromium (VI) in water samples”, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 157, (1-4)2008, 575-582.(IF 1.679)
5. P. Nagaraja*, N. GhallabSaeed Al-Tayar, A. Shivakumar, A. K. Shresta and A. K. Gowda, “Spectrophotometric Determination of the Trace Amount of Thallium in Water and Urine Samples by Novel Oxidative Coupling Reaction”, E. J. Chem, 6, 2009, 1153 – 1163
6. P. Nagaraja, NaefGhllabSaeed Al-Tayar, A. Shivakumar, A. K. Shresta, K. Avinash, “Rapid and Sensitive Spectrophotometric Method for the Determination of the Trace Amount of Thallium (III) in Water and Urine Samples by New Oxidative Coupling Reaction”, J. Mex. Chem. Soc. 53, (4),2009,201-208.(IF 0.28)
7. P. Nagaraja, N. G. S. Al-Tayar, A. Shivakumar, A. K. Shrestha, A. K. Gowda, A simple and sensitive spectrophotometric method for the determination of trace amounts of nitrite in environmental and biological samples using 4-amino-5-hydroxynaphthalene-2,7-disulphonic acid monosodium salt, Spectrochim. Acta A: Mol. Biomol. Spectrosc. 75,2010, 1411-1416
8. P. Nagaraja, A. Shivakumar, N. Aradhana, and A. K. Gowda, “Kinetic Study of Peroxidase-Catalyzed Coupling of Benzene-1,4-diamine and N-(2-Aminoethyl)naphthalene-1-amine: Development of MicromolarHydrogenperoxide Reaction System”, Helv. Chim. Acta, 93, (6),2010, 1227 – 1237.(IF 1.383)
9. P. Nagaraja, A. K. Shrestha, A. Shivakumar, K. Avinash, “Spectrophotometric determination of chloroquine, pyrimethamine, and trimethoprim by ion pair extraction in pharmaceutical formulation and urine”, Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, 18,2010, 239-248.(IF 0.249)
10. P. Nagaraja, A. K. Shrestha A. Shivakumar, K. Avinash, Use of N,N-diethyl-p-phenylenediaminesulphate for the spectrophotometric determination of some phenolic and amine drugs, Acta Pharm. 60,2010, 217–227.(IF 1.025)
11. A. Shivakumara, P. Nagaraja, N. A. Chamaraja, Honnur Krishna, K. Avinash, Determination of catalase activity using chromogenic probe involving iso-nicotinicacidhydrazide and pyrocatechol, J Bio. Tech., 155, 2011, 406– 411. (IF 2.884)
12. P. Nagaraja, A. Suma, N. Aradhana, A. Shivakumar, K. Avinash, Honnur Krishna, Quantification of Antioxidants in Medicinal Plants and Foodstuffs Using Ce(IV) with Indigo Carmine as Chromogenic Probe, Food anal. Methods, 5, 2102, 909 – 919.(IF 1.802)
13. P. Nagaraja, K. Avinash, A. Shivakumar, Honnur Krishna, Quantification of creatinine in biological samples based on the pseudoenzyme activity of copper–creatinine complex, Spectrochimicaacta Part A, 92, 2012, 318 – 324.(IF 2.129)
14. Honnur Krishna, P. Nagaraja, A. Shivakumar, K. Avinash, Vasanthkumar L, Hydroxylation of 4-Amino-5-hydroxynaphthalene-2,7-disulfonic Acid Monosodium Salt Catalysed by Horseradish Peroxidase and Hydrogen Peroxide: Computation of kinetic parameters including its application to crude plant extracts, J Chinese Chem. Soc., 60, 2013, 452 – 459.(IF 0.856)
Roles and Responsibility
● ISO Coordinator
● NIRF Coordinator
• NAAC Coordinator
Professional body membership
● Member of Karnataka Rajya Vijnan Parishat
● Guiding three students for their Doctoral degree under VTU.
● Organized one day national level workshop on IPR for Diffusion of technology in collaboration with NRDC
● Organized special talk on Nanotechnology by Dr. Dinesh Rangappa, Chairman, VTU Nanotechnology Dept, Bangalore
● Presented Research article “Analytical Determination of Hemoglobin By Spectrophotometric Method” Authors: Ravishankar H Sadashivanna, Dr. Avinash Krishnegowda, Dr. Kiran Kumar P, Held at ICRTST-2022 Held at ATMECE, Mysore
● Presented Research article “Nanostructured ZnO & CoO doped transition metal oxide nanoparticles as antibacterial agents” Authors: Malathi Pujar, Dr. Kiran Kumar P, Dr. Avinash Krishnegowda. Held at ICRTST-2022 Held at ATMECE, Mysore
● Presented Research article “Current Review on Nanozymes” Authors: Nikhil Y Gangadhara, Dr. Avinash Krishnegowda, Ravishankar H Sadashivanna Held at ICRTST-2022 Held at ATMECE, Mysore
● Spectrophotometric Assay Based on Horseradish peroxidase- Catalysed Hydrogen Peroxide Using Amino antipyrine And Resorcinol as Chromogenic Reagents for Sensitive Detection of Peroxidase in Plant Extracts. Authors: Supriya B S, Dr. Avinash Krishnegowda, Dr. Mahesh lohith K S
● Online Course on “Nanotechnology, Science and Applications” online mode at NPTEL-AICTE on July-Aug 2020.
● Online Workshop “Advanced Techniques for Materials Characterization” organized by MNIT Jaipur on July 6th to 10th 2020.
● Workshop on “Materials Characterization by SEM and XRD” organized by Centre for Incubation, Innovation, Research & Consultancy. Bangalore. On 12th July 2019.
● One day national seminar on Nanotechnology for Energy, Environment and Health at NIE institute of technology, Mysore on 28thFeb 2017
● One day workshop on radiation natural and manmade at VidyaVikas institute of technology, Mysore on 29th March 2014.
● One day workshop on Faculty development programmeat VidyaVikas institute of technology, Mysore on 24thAug 2014.
● One day workshop on Recent advances in chemistry at GMIT, Mandya on 10thJan 2015
Ph D Guidance
● Guiding three students for the award of their Doctoral degree. (Malathi P, Supriya B S, Ravishankar. K)
Research Area of Interest
● Spectrophotometric analysis
● Enzyme kinetics
● Nanomaterials and its antimicrobial activity.