Infrastructure / Facilities
Department has sufficient class rooms and most of them are equipped with multimedia projectors. Department also has its own Virtual class rooms, Seminar Hall and a number of tutorial rooms.
The department has ten well equipped laboratories and each lab is equipped with computers, required software’s, required hardware’s, instruments and furniture. Laboratories have modern and latest equipment’s to provide good hands on experience to students in all the areas of their curriculum, such as VLSI, DSP, Digital Electronics, Microprocessor, Embedded Controller, Computer Networks, Analog Electronics, and Communication etc. Department has sufficient class rooms and most of them are equipped with multimedia projectors. Department also has its own Seminar Hall.
The library is equipped with 1365 books which includes Prescribed text books, Reference textbooks, journals,General studies materials, Novels and student project reports samples, for quick reference for both students and staffs. Library has floor area of 77 Sq.m. with seating capacity of 20.
Laboratories with UPS support
Electronic devices and instrumentation laboratory
This Lab explores the design, construction, and debugging of analog electronic circuits like rectifiers, clipping circuits, clamping circuits and voltage regulators. The lab computes the parameters from the characteristics of JFET and MOSFET devices. Also investigates the performance characteristics of diodes, transistors, JFETs, and op-amps, including the construction of a small audio amplifier and preamplifiers. Evaluate BJT amplifiers in CE configuration and test various types of oscillators.
Digital system design laboratory
In this laboratory the students will be able to demonstrate the truth table of various expressions and combinational circuits using logic gates. Design, test and evaluate various combinational circuits such as adders, subtractors, comparators, multiplexers and demultiplexers. Construct flips-flops, counters and shift registers. Simulate full adder and up/down counters.
In this Programming lab the students will learn to run programs on 8086 microprocessor based systems. This lab provides a platform for the students to design system using memory chips and peripheral chips for 16 bit 8086 microprocessor. And also interface various peripherals to 8086. In Addition they will be able to write modular programs using procedures, macros and 8086 programs interleaved with 8087 instructions. This lab understands the features of high speed buses and higher bit processors.
LIC & Communication LAB
Communication Lab enables to formulate and gain hands on experience in building analog systems for a given specification using the basic building blocks, in AM and FM techniques, frequency synthesis, in pulse and flat top sampling techniques. It gives the knowledge about choosing of an IC and design the circuit for a given application. And also analyze the performance of instrumentation amplifier, LPF, HPF, DAC and oscillators using linear IC. This lab understands the applications of Linear IC for addition, integration and 555 timer operations to generate signals/pulses.
This Lab is a Programming lab. Fifth semester students will utilize this lab for their academic purpose. It consists of HDL programming that uses a suitable complier to download the programs on Xilinx FPGA boards to carry out the performance testing of logic circuits like Flip-Flops, counters, mux, ALU. Also hardware modules like DC motor, Stepper motor, DAC are interfaced.
This Lab is a Programming lab. Fifth semester students will utilize this lab for their academic purpose. This lab mainly concentrates on coding for mathematical modeling of DSP systems using Scilab and for convolution & Filters design.
Advanced Communication LAB
This Lab is an experimental laboratory that explores the Identify the basic methods of Digital communication and Perform analysis and design the circuits required for basic Digital communication ASK,FSK, PSK, TDM and also Identifying blocks and dataflow in DPSK,QPSK, TDM and Classify basic parameters of given Optical Fiber Cable by suitable analysis. It helps to develop the experimental set up to identify the specifications of Ring Resonator, Directional Coupler and Power Divider. This lab investigates the design & working of antennas & wave propagation
Power Electronics LAB
PE Lab introduces Power Semiconductor devices, measurement of operating characteristics of power electronic circuits and control hardware for various power and energy applications such as motor drives. Learn about how to correlate theoretical and practical analysis of: Controlling the supply voltage using AC-AC, AC-DC, DC-DC & DC-AC converters. And also by Using the PSPICE software for determining the performance of given power electronic converters.
This Lab is a programming lab. Students will be able to design digital circuits and verify its function using verilog HDL and students will be able to understand the logic of sequential and combinational circuits and time required for each module through synthesis tools and to know about the s/w like Cadence. And also students can carry out a final year projects on VLSI domain
COMPUTER NETWORKS LABORATORY
It is a programming and simulation lab. Students are introduced to Network Simulator (NS2) tool for learning and Practice of networking algorithms. It enables students to illustrate the operations of new protocols and algorithms using C Programming and also implement data link and routing protocols. This will help students to carry out the final year project in networking domain.
EMBEDDED CONTROLLER LABORATORY
This lab will enable students to learn assembly level programming using ARM Cortex M3 registers using an Evaluation board and keil-4 software tool. It helps students to develop ALP using ARM for different applications and interface external devices and I/O with ARM Cortex. After successful completion of this laboratory students can develop C language programs and Library functions for embedded system applications.
The project lab has been set up for students to carry out the academic Projects. The lab is well equipped with computing facilities. Students can access free Wi-Fi offered in the college. Each user of the lab is authenticated with username and password to access internet.
The Research lab has been set up for faculties and research students to carry out the research work. Lab has Sophisticated Equipment’s to conduct the Research. An integrated development environment (IDE) is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development, computing Systems Updated Software’s. Reputed Journal access like SCI, Thomson router indexed to the Research Scholars..
Major Equipment and Software Tools available in various Laboratories:
- Microstrip Antenna, Digital CROs, Microwave test bench, Fiber Optics Kits, Function Generators, LCR meter. Data Communication Trainer kits
- Printers, Scanners, LCD Projectors
- ALS- FPGA-04 SPARTAN-3 & SPARTAN-6 Trainer Kits with Power Supply & interface module
- DSP C6747 Trainer Kit, MELL-8031/51Micro-controller kits with interfaces, MSP-430 Microcontroller Trainer kit, MELL-8086 Microprocessor Trainer Kit
- Static Characteristics of SCR, MOSFET, IGBT and TRIAC, Auxiliary Commutation:- Forced Commutation Study unit, UJT triggering for Half and Full-wave rectifier, AC Voltage Controller, SCR Digital Firing circuit, DC chopper power circuit, Speed control of separately excited DC motor using Half controlled SCR bridge converter, Digital tachometer, Speed control of universal motor/ induction motor using AC voltage controller, Series and Parallel Inverter
- SERVER: DELL Optiplex -3010, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM, Intel core i3 133 MHz, processor, with Internet facility.
- CADENCE SERVER: POWER EDGE-110 II, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM, Intel core i3 133 MHz, processor, with Internet facility.
- ARM Microcontroller kit with Power Supply & interface module
Product: LabVIEW Application Buider, LabVIEW FPGA module, LABVIEW Real-Time Module
Company: NI Instruments
Users: 10 Users Life time Licensed
- M/S CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEM (IRELAND) LTD. BUNDLE-3 UNIVERSITY BUNDLE ANALOG & DIGITAL FE=FRONT END & BE=BACKEND (CADENCE 30 USERS LICENSE )
- MASM, SCILAB, Turbo C, C++, Pspice.
- Network Simulator (NS2)
FACILITIES PROVIDED FOR THE STUDENTS & FACULTIES
For the Students
- IETE & ISTE Student Chapters for Technical activities.
- ECHELON Student Association.
- Project Laboratory.
- Well Stocked Departmental Library.
- Internet Facility for Browsing Technical Journals.
- Hard copies of Online Journals.
- Sponsorship from Various Organizations for projects.
For the Faculty
- Sponsorship to all research activities including foreign travel for attending workshops or Conference.
- Accidental Insurance.
- Well Stocked Department Library.
- Internet Facility with Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Hard copies of online Journals.
- Study / Sabbatical leave for higher studies / industrial training.
- Maternity leave.
- Bus facilities.
- Work load reduction for faculty pursuing PhD.
- Research Laboratory.