Library Rules & Regulation
- Users are required to enter their USN/Member ID and sign the register provided at the entrance.
- Wearing coats, jackets, sweaters, caps, hats are not allowed inside the stack and reference area. The Library staff reserve the right to inspect any person who appears suspicious.
- Users are advised not to leave their valuable items such as wallet, laptops, debit/credit card, bags, cases, folders etc., at the property counter. Library is not responsible for any loss of individual’s aforesaid properties.
- Personal belongings including baggage and personal textbooks will not be allowed inside the stack and reference area except loose sheets and notebook.
- Reading materials including notebooks, personal textbooks will be allowed inside the general reading room only.
- Users are advised not to leave their valuable items such as wallet, laptops, debit/credit card etc., at the property counter. Library is not responsible for any loss of individual’s aforesaid properties.
- Students’ Institute Identity Card is necessary for access to the library and information Centre.
- The users shall maintain silence within the library premises. Conversations, gossip are strictly forbidden. No reader is allowed to sleep in the premises.
- Library authority upholds the right to recall any issued book even before the due date.
- Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating books or any other library material is accountable to replace the same.
- The membership of the library is not transferable.
- Users are not allowed to reshelf books or journals after removing them from the shelf. Leave them on the table or on the nearby trolley.
- Eatables are not allowed inside the Library.
- The Book must be returned on or before the due date. After the due date Rs. 1/ day will be charged.
Loss of Books
When an item is lost or damaged, the borrower will be charged for the item as follows.
- The member has to procure a new edition copy of the same overdue fines if any. Or
- A sum of two times the estimated cost of an item will be charged for loss of book / item.
ISSUE OF NO DUE CERTIFICATE
Library No-Due certificate will be issued to the users after the return of borrowed library resource materials.