Campus Placement Policy
The placement policy will be applicable to all eligible students who are willing to avail placement facility from the Training and Placement (TAP) Department is to be followed during the entire duration of the placement season. The role of the Training and Placement Office (TPO) is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities. TPO does not guarantee a job. Applying for a Placement Agency or joining a Placement Agency is entirely the responsibility/decision of the student concerned. The Training and Placement office assures to do the best as far as providing placement service goes but does not promise 100% placement guarantee.
In order to provide maximum placement opportunity to students, TAP Department invites various Placement Agency from a different sector of the industry. TAP Department takes utmost care in scrutinizing the credibility of such Placement Agency. However, students should also verify the standings of such Placement Agency of their own. ATMECE doesn’t hold any responsibility regarding the credibility of the Placement Agency. Only after satisfaction about the credibility of Placement Agency, any student should participate in placement procedure.
The purpose of the placement policy is to define the overall structure & processes of the placement cell and to structure the roles & responsibilities of the teams working on this process of placement cell. The policy will ensure that:-
- To create employment opportunities for the students.
- To maximize the number student placements through on-campus placement
- Deserving candidates can have the opportunity to start their career with their preferred Placement Agency.
- To maintain the quality standards of the jobs offered.
- To ensure that the whole team works according to the defined processes to achieve the common objective.
In the context of this policy:
- Training & Placement Department is a body consisting of the Training and Placement Officer, Faculty Placement Coordinators and the Student Placement Coordinators.
- Training and Placement Officer means the member of the Institution’s academic staff designated by the Principal as responsible for planning and coordinating placements, training related to communication skills, soft skill/personal development/pre-placement, ensuring its appropriate assessment, in consultation with the Management, Principal, and Heads of various departments.
- Faculty Placement Coordinator means a member of the academic staff who is responsible for assisting students to find placements that meet professional requirements, visiting organizations to maintain and expand placement opportunities. The position also coordinates with the Training & Placement officer for matters regarding Training and training related assessments and reports generation. Under the supervision of the Training and Placement officer & Principal FPC performs a variety of oversight functions related to the job/internship placement of students; implements duties; and performs other related work as assigned and/or required.
- Student Placement Coordinator means a member of the student group who is responsible for assisting students to find placements that meet professional requirements, liaising with placement organization supervisors, visiting organizations to maintain and expand placement opportunities. The position also coordinates with the Training & Placement officer for matters regarding Training and training related assessments and reports generation.
- Placement agency means any agency, Placement Agency or body which provides placements for students of the College.
- Unprofessional conduct means behavior that is not characteristic of or befitting the profession; it includes but is not limited to conduct that:
- Is unethical;
- Departs from the standards set by the profession;
- Uses language that is unacceptable in the presence of co-workers; supervisors of clients; or
- Demonstrates a lack of respect or sensitivity to clients.
- The placement facility is available to all the students who are enrolled with TAP Department subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned below. A detailed enrolment form should be filled and true details should be provided. The TPO does not take any responsibility later in case the student has made a mistake in his/her registration form (Eg: mistakes in phone numbers, email address etc…)
- It is expected that a student shall NOT add any ambiguous/wrong/fraudulent/misleading information in his/her resume. Resume checks will continue throughout the placement process. If on verification, at any point of time any discrepancies are found, the student would be de-barred from placements. This may also attract strict disciplinary action. All students have to specify their area of interest for the purpose of placement.
- The Training and Placement cell enables the students of ATME to bridge the gap between the Academia and Corporate world. Feedback from industry is collected and the feedback used to design various Training Programs which runs through all the 4 years of the course. The various components of the Training Programs organized by the College will include modules on Communication Skills, Soft Skills, Current Affairs, General Aptitude, Technical Aptitude, Presentation Skills, Group Discussion Skills, Interviews Skills & Mock Interviews, Industrial Analytics Workshops, etc. Training is also proposed based on the modern techniques of psychometric testing to give scientific career counseling to students to equip them to grab the opportunities available. This important activity is vital to enable the students to achieve desired career objectives. It is mandatory for every student to take part in this Pre-Placement Training Programs.
- Pre-placement Training will be conducted during the vacation between 3rd and 4th It is mandatory for every student to take part in this Pre-Placement Training Programs.
- Placement Agency-specific orientation is conducted for students prior to the placement drives organized by the institution as often as possible. A special orientation program is also conducted along with industrial visits organized by ATME and it is mandatory for every student to take part in such activity.
- TAP Department issues Notification of campus interview for a particular Placement Agency and the same will be displayed/conveyed to the students through Notice Board of TAP Department, Faculty & Students Coordinators and vide Group email to batch students. Students are advised to regularly check the Notice board for placement updates. No personal communication will be made in this regard.
- The students who wish to participate in the placement activity of a particular Placement Agency/organization are required to register themselves at the Training and Placement Office before the specified deadline. No late entries will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Placement Agency is expected to give a Pre-Placement Talk [PPT] laying out the details of the Placement Agency and the offer before the process. In case there is no PPT by the Placement Agency, then the TAP department would give a PPT.
- Attendance for Pre Placement Talk (PPT) is mandatory for all the interested students. Absent for PPT will automatically disqualify a student from the selection process for that particular Placement Agency. For any reason, if a student is not in a position to appear for the PPT, he can do so by submitting the Leave of Absence slip.
- During the selection process for any Placement Agency, the student can withdraw his/her candidature immediately after the Pre Placement Talk (PPT) by the Placement Agency representative by filling the Application withdrawal slip.
- Once the student appears for any selection process after the Pre Placement Talk (PPT), he/she cannot withdraw her candidature on any grounds whatsoever it may be.
- Students must be in College Uniform and keep their Identity Card and other documents as indicated in the Notification of Campus Interview by the TAP department with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews, and produce the same when demanded by the visiting team or TAP staff or their representatives.
- The Training and Placement Office will provide opportunities to all its registered students to secure one job at the first instance, and follows a policy of one student- one job till at least 75% (depending upon the discipline) of the students in a particular branch/discipline are placed.
- Once 75% (depending upon the discipline) of the students in a particular branch/discipline are placed, the students already having a job will be eligible to apply for another job. A student who has obtained a second job in this fashion will not be allowed to appear for any more interviews.
- In exceptional cases when a very reputed Placement Agency approaches the Colleges and/or some lucrative offers comes: the TAP Department may relax the norms related to restriction of one job one student and may allow even the already selected students to appear in the specific interview.
- Acceptance of the offer letter in the prescribed format along with necessary documents (if any) must be submitted to TPO within the prescribed time limit. If a student is not in a position to accept the offer, he/she must submit a Regret Letter clearly indicated the reason for declining the job offer. In such cases, the student is not permitted to appear for any other placement activity.
- After accepting a job offer, if any student decides to withdraw his/her acceptance any time during the year, he/she must inform the Placement Agency concerned through the Training and Placement Office immediately. In such cases, the student is not permitted to appear for any other placement activity.
- If an Offer is accepted, the student will be out of the College placement process. However, a student with pending Pre-Placement Interview Offer is eligible to participate in the placement process.
- The students selected through campus interview will complete all the necessary formalities (e.g. medical test) asked by the employer and will join the organization within the stipulated time frame. He/ she will keep the T & P Cell update regarding his/ her progress in the Placement Agency. T & P Cell, in turn, will obtain regular feedback from the employer regarding the performance of selected students. As a matter of policy, the selected students will work at least for the duration of one year in that organization.
- Terms and conditions of the Placement Agency like providing a surety bond or surety amount etc., after placement shall be in between the students & Placement Agency. TAP Department shall not be the party.
- Any student who does not clear the Group Discussion stage for 10 Placement Agency or the Personal Interview stage for 5 Placement Agency shall not be allowed to appear for the placement till the whole batch is placed.
- The student must keep the TPO well informed if he/she is taking up a job in any other Placement Agency on their own.
- In case a student who is placed through the institute placement process takes up private placement as well in another Placement Agency, the Principal and Training and Placement Officer, in consultation with the Placement Agency concerned, shall nullify both the offers.
- The appointment letter(s) will be in the custody of the Training and Placement Officer and will be handed over to the student only after completing the course and clearing all the dues towards the College. In case the student does not pass the course, the appointment letter shall be withheld. However, the Placement Agency is free to recruit the student.
- All correspondence to and from the Placement Agency will be routed through the Training and Placement cell only.
- Students will be considered ineligible for placement activities if any of the below mentioned is true:
- Students have not cleared the tuition fee dues
- Students who have less than 80% attendance in any of the academic subjects.
- Students have not cleared the tuition fee dues
- Students who have less than 80% attendance in any of the academic subjects.
- Students who fail to achieve 100% attendance for all the modules of placement related training program.
- The student has provided any ambiguous/wrong/fraudulent/misleading information in his/her resume.
- Students who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria as indicated in the Campus Interview Notification for the particular Placement Agency.
- Student registers for a particular Placement Agency placement activity and fails to attend the Pre Placement Talk.
- Student attends the Pre Placement Talk & fails to take part in further selection process without submitting Application withdrawal Slip.
- A student who appear for Group Discussion stage for 10 Placement Agency or the Personal Interview stage for 5 Placement Agency of his choice and still fails to get the offer
- If there is an Unprofessional conduct/misbehavior/indiscipline on the part of the student during the interview process.
- The ineligible student will be placed only after all the students are placed. Debarred students will be considered for placement again based on their improved performance and meeting the other criteria’s as approved by the recruitment committee.
Students are advised not to display/post/discuss any placement related matters on social networking websites.