Anti Sexual Harassment Committee
The ATME College of Engineering Mysuru, has been committed itself to provide a congenial and conducive atmosphere in which students, teachers and non-teaching staff can work together in an environment which is free of violence, harassment, exploitation, and intimidation. This includes all forms of gender violence, sexual harassment, and discrimination on the basis of gender. Every member is expected to be aware of the commitment to the right to freedom of expression and association. It strongly supports gender equality and opposes any form of gender discrimination and violence. The Supreme Court of India has stated that, every instance of sexual harassment is a violation of “Fundamental Rights” under Articles 14, 15, and 21 of the Constitution of India, and amounts to a violation of the “Right to Freedom” under Article 19 (1)(g).
It is stated that sexually harassing behavior “needs to be eliminated as there is no compromise on such violations”. The Supreme Court further reiterated that sexual harassment “is a violation of the fundamental right to gender equality and the right to life and liberty”.
|Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee|
|1||Dr. Bhagyashree S R||Chairperson|
|2||Dr Mohamed Eliyas||Faculty Member|
|3||Dr. Prakash Kuravatti||Faculty Member|
|4||Mr.Ravikumar S||Faculty Member|
|5||Mr.Raghavendra L||Faculty Member|
|6||Mrs.Nasreen Fathima||Faculty Member|
|7||Mrs.Jyothi D N||Faculty Member|
|8||Mrs.Priyanka N B||Faculty Member|
|9||Mr.Chandrashekar C||Member Secretary|
|11||Ms.Amrutha Kashyap||Non-faculty Member|
|13||Dharshini||Student member CS|
|14||Harshitha V||Student member ME|
|15||Maheshkumar U||Student member EC|
|16||Yogaswarhi||Student member CV|
|17||Dhanyatha M||Student member EEE|
- To follow the directions of the Supreme Court and to implement a policy against sexual harassment in the institution.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
The rules and regulations outlined in this policy shall be applicable to all complaints of sexual harassment made:
- By a member of the institution against any other member irrespective of whether the harassment is alleged to have taken place within the campus.
- The Committee shall be headed by a senior woman faculty of the college and shall be designated as the “Chairperson”.
- The committee shall have senior women teaching faculty member, at least one senior male teaching faculty member, at least one-woman administrative staff. The committee shall have three nominated female student representatives and two male student representatives.
Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical Conduct of a sexual nature.
Sexual harassment includes
- Actual or attempted rape or sexual assault.
- Unwanted pressure for sexual favors.
- Unwanted letters, telephone calls or materials of a sexual nature.
- Unwanted pressure for dates.
- Unwanted sexual teasing and jokes.
- Referring to an adult as a girl, hunk, doll, babe, or honey
- Whistling at someone, cat calls
- Making sexual comments about a person’s body
- Turning work discussions to sexual topics
- Asking about sexual fantasies, preferences or history
- Asking personal questions about social or sexual life
- Making kissing sounds and smacking lips
- Making sexual comments about a person’s clothing, anatomy.
- Telling lies or spreading rumors about a person’s personal sex life
- Staring at someone
- Blocking a person’s path
- Following the person
- Giving personal gifts
- Making sexual gestures with hands or through body movements
- Touching the person’s clothing, hair, or body
- Hugging, kissing
- Touching or rubbing oneself sexually around another person
- Standing close or brushing up against another person
|COLLEGE INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE|
|Sl. No.||Name||Position||Contact Details|
|1||Dr. BHAGYASHREE S R||Chairperson||9900110944|
|2||CHANDRASHEKHAR C||Member Secretary||9845115924|
|3||PRIYANKA N B||Member||9663674218|
|4||Dr. PRAKASH KURUVATTI||Member||9110872296|
The Committee shall have the power to summon witnesses and call for documents or any information from any employee/student.
- If the Committee has reason to believe that an employee/student is capable of furnishing relevant documents or information, it may direct such person to produce such documents by serving a notice in writing to that person.
- Where any relevant document or information is recorded or stored by means of a mechanical, electronic or other device, the Committee shall have the power to direct that the same be produced, or that a clear reproduction in writing of the same be produced.
- Upon production of documents / information called for by it, the Committee shall have the power to (i) make copies of such documents / information or extracts there from; or (ii) retain such documents / information for such period as may be deemed necessary for purposes of the proceedings before it.
- The Committee shall have the power to issue interim directions to / with regard to any person participating in the proceedings before it.
- The Committee shall have the power to recommend the action to be taken against any person found guilty of (a) sexually harassing the complainant (b) retaliating against / victimizing the complainant or any other person before it (c) making false charges of sexual harassment against the accused person.
To ensure that the mechanism for registering complaints is safe, accessible and sensitive.
- To conduct enquiries, provide assistance and redressed to the victims, recommend penalties and take action against the harasser, if necessary.
- To advise the competent authority to issue warnings or to take the help of the law to stop the harasser, if the complainant consents.
- To seek medical, police and legal intervention with the consent of the complainant.
- To make arrangements for appropriate psychological, emotional and physical support (in form of counseling, security and other assistance) to the victim if so desires.
- The Committee shall meet once in a semester or when any complaint is received by any member of the committee.
- The Committee may direct the complainant to prepare and submit a detailed statement of incidents within two days.
- The Committee shall direct the accused employee(s)/student(s) to prepare and submit a written response to the complaint / allegations within a period of two (2) days from such direction or such other time period as the Committee may decide. Documents produced by either party shall be affixed with that party’s signature to certify the document as original / true copy.
- The Committee shall conduct the proceedings in accordance with the principles of natural justice. It shall allow both parties reasonable opportunity of presenting their case.
- The party against whom the document / witness is produced shall be entitled to challenge / cross-examine the same.
- Minutes of all proceedings of the Committee shall be prepared and duly signed by the members of the Committee.
- The Committee shall make all efforts to complete its proceedings within a period of fifteen (15) days from the date of receipt of complaint.
- The Committee shall record its findings in writing supported with reasons and shall forward the same with its recommendations, to the Principal within a period of three (3) days from completion of the proceedings before it. If, in the course of the proceedings before it, the Committee is satisfied that a prima facie case of sexual harassment is made out against the accused employee(s)/student and that there is any chance of the recurrence of any such action, or that it is required to do so in the interests of justice, it may, on the request of the complainant or otherwise.
- Written apology
- Bond of good behavior
- Adverse remarks in the confidential report
- Debarring from supervisory duties
- Denial of membership of statutory bodies
- Denial of re-employment/re – admission
- Stopping of increments / promotion/denying admission ticket
- Reverting, demotion
- Any other relevant mechanism
If, at the end of the proceedings, the Committee is satisfied that the complainant has knowingly brought false charges of sexual harassment against any person, it shall report the same in writing to the Principal with reasons and with recommendations of the action to be taken against such person.
VTU regulations of Sexual Harassment- Link