Faculty Name: Dr CHETHAN S
- Ph. D – VTU, Belagavi
- M. Tech in Production Engineering & Systems Technology from NIE, Mysuru
- B.E in Mechanical engineering from VVIET, Mysuru.
- Presently working at ATME from 2014 till date
- Worked at Bahubali college of Engineering from 2008-2014
- Worked at NIE, Mysuru, for 1 year from 2007-2008
- Total experience 14 years
- S Chethan, K Srinivasa, Jayashree Madivalkar, Md Nadeem Mahaboob, N Yathisha “Development of Economical Plant Transplanter”, Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C, 103(3), pages 339–345, 2022
- S.Chethan, S.Suresha, “Effect of SiC Particulates as Secondary Reinforcement on Mechanical Characteristics of Epoxy Composites with Treated Luffa Cylindrica Fibres”, Materials Today Proceedings, 44 (1), Jan 2021, 1755 – 1760.
- MD Nadeem M, S Chethan, K Srinivasa, M Karthik Kumar, N Yathisha, “Effect of Glass Fibers and Multi Walled Carbon Nano Tubes (MWCNT’s) on Mechanical Properties of Epoxy Hybrid Composites at Elevated Temperature”, Materials Today Proceedings, 44 (1), Jan 2021, 2013 – 2018.
- K Srinivasa, S Chethan, N Yathisha, MS Arjun” A study of physical, mechanical and tribological properties of a biomaterial using magnesium alloy”, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2274(1), October 2020
- Yathisha.N, Suresha.S, Srinivasa.K, Chethan.S & Md Nadeem.M, “Influence of Vibration on Fuel Consumption in A Tiller” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, 10(3), June 2020.
- S. Chethan, S. Suresha, Govardhan Goud. “Influence of optimally treated Luffa Cylindrica fibres on tensile and flexural characteristics of epoxy composites”, AIP Publishing, 2019.
- Chethan.S, Sudhir.V.Kulkarni, “Comparative study of mechanical behavior of silicon carbide filled and boron carbide filled glass fiber reinforced vinyl ester composites”, AIP Publishing, 2019.
- S. Chethan, S. Suresha, Govardhan Goud “Influence of SiC Particulates on Dynamic Mechanical Response of Treated Luffa Cylindrica Epoxy Composites”, ‘Indian Journal of Science and Technology’, Volume 12 Issue27, pp1-10, 2019.
- Chethan.S, Sudhir.V.Kulkarni, “Comparative Study of Flexural Behaviour of Silicon Carbide, Graphite and Mixture of Silicon Carbide-Graphite Filled Glass Fiber Reinforced Vinyl Ester Composites”, ‘Journal of Material Science & Manufacturing Technology’, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp 31-42, 2018.
- Rakshith.N, Chethan.S, Manjunatha.H , Suresh Kumar, “FE-Investigation of Semi Circular Curved Beam Subjected to Out-Of-Plane Load”, in International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology (IJRET), p-ISSN; 2321-7308, e-ISSN: 2319-1163, Volume: 4, Issue 8, August 2015.
Roles and Responsibilit
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Member
- Associated to Dean Academics
- Research and Publication Committee Member
- Academic Coordinator from 2020-21
- Internship Coordinator from 2019-20
- Mechanical Measurements and Metrology Lab in charge from 2019-20
- Placement Coordinator from 2017 to 2019 (2 years)
- ERP Coordinator of Mechanical Department 2014-2017 (3 years)
- Internal Assessment Coordinator for the year 2014-2016 (2 years)
Professional body membership
- IEI member
- Reviewed several articles submitted to International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing (IJIDeM)
- Reviewed several articles submitted to Materials Today Proceedings Journal – Elsevier Publications
- Reviewed several articles submitted to Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies – Taylor & Francis Publications
- Reviewed several articles submitted to the Journal of Applied Polymer Science – Wiley Publications.
- Reviewed an article submitted to the Open Science Journal.
- Session Chair for 13th International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization – 2022 (ICMPC-2022) organized by Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology (GRIET), Hyderabad
- Judge for the International Conference on Advances in Materials, Ceramics and Engineering Sciences – (AMCES -2020) organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Session Chair for the International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Sciences & Management (ICAMESM 2020) organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Resource person for 3-Day FDP on “AICTE Exam Reforms an Overview” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, ATME College of Engineering, Mysuru.