Department of CSE – Data Science
About the Department
I’m delighted to be the Head of Data Science at ATMECE Mysore . Our department is equipped with an excellent, passionate faculty team who are all thoroughly qualified and up-to-date on the latest industry trends. Our students are highly motivated and well-trained for the IT sector with hands-on experience in cutting edge technologies and programming languages.
I’m confident that our students will not only attain good academic score but will also acquire high-paying jobs. The scientific examination of data using mathematical and statistical models, machine learning tools, and artificial intelligence is called data science. In present scenario data scientists play very vital role in deriving conclusions and recommendations in various domains to make our life a better life Department is equipped all modern tools and technologies to impart knowledge in the field of Data Science. Our institute facilitates students with placement training in aptitude and technical sessions, as well as soft-skill classes to aid in better placement.
We at ATMECE more importance is placed on elevating the students learning experience by providing value-added courses, skill-enhancement programs, and motivate students to participate in technical symposiums, hackathons organised by premier institutes across the nation. I am confident that the Department of Data Science students at ATMECE is prepared to face the new societal issues and challenges in this new millennium ,we transform our students in all dimensions of their student life to become better citizen of this nation for better India and better world.
Dr J V Gorabal
Prof & Head CSE-DS(Data Science)
To impart technical education in the field of data science of excellent quality with a high level of professional competence, social responsibility, and global awareness among the students.
- To impart technical education that is up to date, relevant and makes students competitive and employable at global level
- To provide technical education with a high sense of discipline, social relevance in an intellectually, ethically and socially challenging environment for better tomorrow
- Educate to the global standards with a benchmark of excellence and to kindle the spirit
- PEO1: Develop cutting-edge skills in data science and its related technologies, such as machine learning, predictive analytic, and data engineering.
- PEO2: Design and develop data-driven solutions to real-world problems in a business, research, or social environment.
- PEO3: Apply data engineering and data visualization techniques to discover, investigate, and interpret data.
- PEO4: Demonstrate ethical and responsible data practices in problem solving
- PEO5: Integrate fields within computer science, optimization, and statistics to develop better solutions
- PSO1: Develop relevant programming skills to become a successful data scientist
- PSO2: Apply data science concepts and algorithms to solve real world problems of the society
- PSO3: Apply data science techniques in the various domains like agriculture, education healthcare for better society
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|Computer Science & Engineering – Data Science||B.E (CSE – DS)||4 Years||60|