Dr. Deepu R
- Currently working as Professor in Department of CSE and Head for Department of Career Guidance & Placements at ATME College of Engineering, Mysore since October 2021. Responsible for Preparing Training Modules, conduct Communication, Aptitude & Soft skills training for all 4 years of engineering students towards their career building and conducting placement drives.
- Worked as Professor in Department of Computer Science & Engineering at MIT, Mysore. Worked as Assistant/Associate Professor and Head in Department of Computer Science & Engineering at MIT, Mysore from July 2008 to September 2021. Responsible for building department as per NBA requirements. Was HOD of CSE during 2008 to 2020. Relieved on 17th September 2021.
- September, 2007 – July 2008, worked as Senior Lecturer in CSE Dept., at Auden Technology and Management Academy (ATMA), Kanakapura Road, Bangalore.
- August 2005 – Sept 2007 Worked as Senior Lecturer in CSE Dept., at New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore. Other responsibilities include ISO & NBA related works.
- 2001 July – July 2005 worked at Vidya Vikas Educational Trust Polytechnic as HOD in CSE\ISE.
- July 2000 – July 2001 at Zap Infotech, Bangalore as Project Consultant.
- Oct 1999 – Augu 2000 worked at Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering& Technology, Mysore as Lecturer in CSE.
- Ph.D from University of Mysore under the guidance of Dr.Murali S, Prof in CSE, MIT Mysore, Completed in 2016
- M.Tech in Computer Networks Engg., at NIE (affiliated to VTU), Mysore. (2004- 2007)
- B.E in Computer Science & Engg., from S.J.C.E.,Mysore University, (1995 – 1999)
- 2nd PUC in PCMB from St.Philomenas College,Mysore in 1995
- SSLC from Sri Ganapathi Sachidananda Vidya Shala in 1993 Non-credit Courses from Coursera/Udemy/Edx etc.
|Google Scholor ID||https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=pQZw-TMAAAAJ|
Sl.No Courses with ID Affiliation
- Introduction to Intel® Distribution of OpenVINOTM toolkit for Computer Vision Applications – SNNKKFSAY775 Intel
- Data Science Ethics – VKVQ82ZAY74D University of Michigan
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) – SAE2G5Q7T8UR University of Michigan
- Introduction to Virtual Reality – 4W89AC5DJDZ9 University of London
- Computer Vision Basics – GL5KEEB9Y3JP University at Buffalo and The State University of New York
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking – SE9ZTAQNWAVZ Google
- Computer Vision – Image Basics with OpenCV and Python- 4A6VE2ZNMC34 Coursera Project Network
- Crash Course on Python – G566X4GUNB7P Google
- AI For Everyone – Z9FWXPSDMT8J DeepLearning.AI
- AutoML for Computer Vision with Microsoft Custom Vision – VLX8P3DTP95Q Coursera Project Network
- Coursera Administrator Training (A5SANNXJ7FAJ) Coursera
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) – NFSWJQFQSGXG IBM
- Business Communications HP
- Entrepreneurship-6RN4E3MPKAWU The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Introduction to Google Docs – BUQPHEQTTP3J Coursera Project Network
- Six Sigma Principles – XCQWY5JH2BT9 University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State University
- Getting Started in GIMP-WGF9B5DG6K5L Coursera Project Network
- Strategic Planning HP
- The Data Scientist’s Toolbox – KFSNUVJ4LY77 Johns Hopkins University
- Machine Learning Fou ndations: A Case Study Approach – 6SPVT2YQVZST University of Washington
- AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud Native : 32WFQF8KXSMA Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure – SQ2HCJ4GHT7R Google Cloud
Awards & Achievements
- Recipient of Proud Indian Award – 2022 by Durga Foundation,Karnataka on account of Azadi Ka Amrith Mahotsav.
- Recipient of International Education Award 2020 by Time Cybermedia in December 2020.
- Recipient of Research Excellence Award 2020 by Institute of Scholar in December 2020. https://www.insc.in/awards/singleinfo.php?tid=3502
- Received “Adarsh Vidya Saraswathi Rashtriya Puraskar” (National Award of Excellence 2018) from Global Management Council, Ahmedabad. They have certified me as One of the Best Teacher in the Country. Member of Editorial Board for Glacier Journal Research Foundation.
- Selected for “Bharat Vikas Award” (National Award of Excellence 2018) from INSTITUTE OF SELF RELIANCE, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Selected for “Emerging Leader 2019” award by Venus International, Chennai. http://venusinfo.org/leadership/awards/2019/engineering/emerging.html
- Elected as Committee Member at Institution of Engineers (India) from Computer Engineering Mysore Division for 2018-2020. http://www.ieimysore.org.in/committee/session-2018-2020/
- Selected to ISRLeaders Club as Life Member. http://www.isrleaders.club/life%20members.php
- Session Chair for IEEE International Conference on Innovations in Engineering, Technology and Sciences (ICIETS 2018) at NIEIT, Mysore during 20th -21st September 2018.
- Session Chair for 3rd International Conference in Electronics, Computer Science & Technology ICERECT 2018, PESCE, Mandya on 23rd August 2018.
- Organizing Secretary for International Conference on Cognition and Recognition ICCR 2016 held on 30th , 31st December 2016 at MIT Mysore. Accepted papers were published at springer series “Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems”.
- Selected as Reviewer in Worldwide Journal of Research. https://w-jr.com/index.php/wjr/Rb
- Chairman of ACM Mysuru Professional Chapter on 2020. https://mysuru.acm.org/
- Elected as Executive Member for Computer Society of India, Mysore (Region V) center.
- Session Chair for National Conference on Communication and Data Science NCCDS 2020.
- Committee Member of University of Mysore Alumni Association, Mysore – UMAA during 2017-2021. https://www.umaa.org.in/executive-committee/#
- Review Panalist for BRAINTONIC 1.0, IEEE RAS by MITM.
- BOE member of Composite Computer Science & Information Science Engineering Board, VTU Balgaum for the year 2020-2021.
- External BOE member of Computer Science & Engineering, JSSSTU Mysore for 2021-2023.
- BOS member of Computer Science & Engineering-Cyber Security Program in University of Mysore during for 2021-2023.
- Senior Member – IEEE
- Nominated as LIC Expert by VTU Belgaum. Research Project Grants/Patents
- AICTE funded 1 Lakh to under Scheme for Promoting Interests, Creativity and Ethics among Students (SPICES) under my Coordination in 2021.
- My research Project titled “Single Camera 3D View Generation for Robot Path Planning” has been selected by VTU Research Grants Scheme and they have funded Rs.10 Lacs for my project.
- “A Hybrid Approach for Detecting Suspicious Accounts in Money Laundering Using Data Mining Technique” (41S_BE_2655) selected for KSCST Projects Funds in 2018.
Filed 3 Indian patents
- AI BASED CROP YIELD PREDICTION WITH EFFICIENT USE OF FERTILIZERS USING IOT, Application Number-202141007297 Dated 22-02- 2021.
- GRAPHOTHERAPY BASED HANDWRITING ANALYSIS SYSTEM WITH STRUCTURAL AND CHARACTER FEATURES EXTRACTION. Application Number – 202141019452 Dated 28-04-2021.
- AUTOMATED DRIVING ASSISTANCE SYSTEM. Application Number – 202141019449 Dated 28-04-2021.
- Guiding 7 Candidates for their Ph.D under VTU Belagavi.
Sl.No Candidate Topic Work Place
- Mrs.Lakshmi Durga Personality Analysis Through Graphotherapy Asst.Prof in CSE, ATMECE,Mysore
- Mrs. Shruthiba A 3D View Generation With Single Camera for Robot Path Navigation Asst. Prof in CSE, BIT Bangalore
- Mrs. Shobha B S Detection and Classification of Vehicles in Traffic Videos Senior Consultant, Infosys Mysore
- Mrs. Sushma Koushik N Deep Learning For Emotion Recognition in Adolescence by Speech Processing Senior Consultant, Infosys Mysore
- Mr. Chethana C 3D Reconstruction for Optimal Representation of Surroundings in Car Environment Asst. Prof in CSE, PES, Mandya
- Mrs. Divya H N Prediction of CardioVascularDiseases through Retinal image using Machine Learning Senior Engineer, Proxelera, Mysore
- Mrs. Sindhu A S Banana Plant Disease Detection Using Machine Learning Asst.Prof in ISE, JSSSTU, Mysore
Sl.No Workshops/FDPs/Courses Attended
- Attended one day workshop on “Recent Trends in Computer Networking” at NIE, Mysore on 29th October, 2005.
- Attended one day workshop on “CCP” at NIE, Mysore on 9th September, 2006.
- Attended one day national seminar on “Network Security & WLAN” at MVJCE, B’lore in March,2007.
- Attended Two days National Conference at BNMIT, B’lore on “Next Generation Networks” in April,2007
- Participated a 3 day National Workshop on “Synthesis and Simulation of HDLs” from 28th Feb, 2008 to 1st March, 2008 at East West Institute Of Technology, Bangalore.
- Attended one day workshop on “Personality Development-Leadership & Creativity” on 15th October, 2008 at NIE, Mysore.
- Attended one day workshop on “Microprocessor Interfacing” at ATMA, Bangalore on 2nd April, 2009.
- Attended one day workshop on “Wireless Communication – Past, Present and Future” at GSSSIETW, Mysore on 5th February, 2010.
- Participated in two days workshop on “Advanced Autonomous Robotics” at SJCE, Mysore from 12th to 13th March, 2010.
- Participated in 3 days “National workshop on Image Processing & Computer Vision-2010” at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore from 2nd to 4th June, 2010.
- Participated in workshop on Medical Imaging at IIT Kharagpur during 2nd to 8th January 2011.
- Attended a workshop on “BigData and Hadoop” on March 15th and 16th, 2016 at MIT Mysore. The workshop was carried out by Scalebyte.
- Organized 5 Days Faculty Development Program on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning for Engineering College Faculties during 23rd : 27th July 2018 at MIT Mysore.
- Participated at 2 Days FDP on Internet of Things at RVCE-CISCO, Bangalore during 7th & 8th September 2018.
- Participated in 5 Days Skill Enhancement Program for Mentors, Teachers and Counselors on “Helping our students get through college” between 21st and 25th January 2019 at Global Academy of Technology, Bangalore in association with VTU and NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Participated in One day workshop on “AICTE Quality Initiatives and Sensitization of Technical Teacher Training” at Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 16th December 2019.
- Completed AICTE-ATAL FDP on “Artificial Intelligence” at Central University of Kerala during 3rd -7th June 2020.
- Completed E-Quiz on “Outcome Based Education(OBE)” at GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women 4th June 2020
- Participated in Five Days Webinar on “Industry 4.0” organized by Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology, Bangalore in association with NCET, IIC, MHRD during 8th to 12th June 2020.
- Attended One Day Webinar on “Intellectual Property Rights Patent Filing Procedure” on 9th June 2020 Organised by K.L.E Institute of Technology Hubballi.
- Completed E-Quiz on “Computer Science” at Proudhadevaraya Institute of Technology, Hospet.
- Participated in Three Days FDP on “Image Processing, Segmentation and Neural Network, Health Awareness, Design Thinking for Innovation” organized by Matoshri Pratishthan Group of Institutions School of Engineering, Maharastra during 13th to 15th June 2020.
- Participated in Six Days online FDP on “Latest Trends and Challenges in IT Industry” organized by R.M.D. Engineering College, Chennai during 15th to 20th June 2020.
- Participated in One Week TEQIP-3 online FDP on “Basic Computer Vision with Python” organized by NIE Mysore during 16th to 20th June 2020.
- Attended a webinar on “Oppurtunities and Challenges in Entrepreneurship Start up” organized by GEC-Ramanagara in association with IIC, MHRD and AICTE on 15th June 2020.
- Participated in an International FDP on “Academic Writing and Opportunity for the Publication” organized by Dr. SNS Rajalakshmi College of Arts and Science, Coimbatoor through North West University, South Africa on 17th June 2020.
- Participated in Two Days program on “How to Write a Research Paper” organized by Matterhere during 20th to 21st June 2020.
- Completed One week FDP on “Entrepreneurship, Incubation and Innovation” organised by Ramanujan College, University of Delhi in association with MHRD, Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching during 23rd to 29th , June 2020.
- Completed Quiz on “Effective Usages of Educational Technology in Teaching-Learning Process as a Part of NBA Accreditation” organized by M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology in association with Margadarshan Scheme of AICTE during 22nd to 26th June 2020.
- Completed two weeks FDP on “Python” during 22nd June – 4th July, 2020 organized by JSSATE, Noida in association with IIT Bombay under MHRD scheme ICT.
- Completed Five Days FDP on “Natural Language Processing” during 30th June – 4th July, 2020 organized by Reva University,Bangalore.
- Completed One Week FDP on “Research Proposal Writing and Opportunities in the field of Science,Engineering and Management” during 6th – 11th July, 2020 organized by Bangalore Institute of Technology ,Bangalore.
- Completed One Week FDP on “Research Methodology and LaTeX with Hands-on” during 6th – 11th July, 2020 organized by SVCE ,Bangalore in association with IETE and IIC.
- Cleared E-Quiz on Computer Science Conducted by Bharatiya Skill Development University, Jaipur on 14th July 2020.
- Participated in a webinar on “A Walk through Natural Language Processing with Python” organized by Central University of Kerala with IEEE WIE on 15th July 2020.
- Participated in a webinar on “Mental Disorder Diagnosis using Machine Learning: Opportunities and Challenges ” organized by East West Institute of Technology Bangalore on 16th July 2020.
- Completed Two Days Workshop on “Introduction to BlockChain” organized by Army Institute of Technology, Pune in association with Cray Solutions and CSI during 30th – 31st July 2020.
- Participated in one day webinar on “National Education Policy 2020” organized by MIT Mysore on 6th August 2020
- Participated in Quiz on “74th Indian Independence” on 15th august 2020 organized by Red Cross Wing of VVCE, Mysore.
- Participated in Quiz on “Independence Day” on 15th august 2020 organized by NSS, GCW,Mandya.
- Completed One Week National Level FDP on “Machine Learning and Data Analytics using MATLAB” during 17th – 22nd August, 2020 organized by JNNCE,Shivamogga in association with IETE.
- Completed one week AICTE Sponsored STTP on “Machine Learning with Python in Data Science-Applications and Research Perspectives” organized by SRMIT,Tamilnad during 24th – 29th August 2020.
- Completed One Week National Level FDP on “Machine Learning and Data Analytics using MATLAB” during 17th – 22nd August, 2020 organized by JNNCE,Shivamogga in association with IETE.
- Completed Five Days FDP on “Machine Learning and Data Science” during 31st August – 4th September 2020 organized by Vishwanathrao Deshpande Institute of Technology, Haliyal in association with IEEE Bangalore Section.
- Completed AICTE-ATAL FDP on “Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition: Challenges and Oppurtunities” at SJCE,Mysore during 21st -25th September 2020.
- Completed 3 Days International Research Program on “Introduction to Research, Research Proposal Writing and Systematic Review”during 6th – 8th November 2020 by Matterhere.
- Participated in One Day Seminar on “Entrepreneurship Development” by Rotary Clubs of Mysore on 17th July 2022.
- “Robotic Path Planning for Multiple Goals in Dynamic Environment”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 05, Issue 04, Apr 2018.
- “Accurate Angular Motion and Acceleration Detection for an in Motion Object Based on Triple Axis Deviation Correction”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 05, Issue 04, Apr 2018.
- “Automating the Human Resource System-A modular ICSA approach to Human Recruitment via Dynamic Emotional Evaluation”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 05,Issue 04, Apr 2018
- “Model Demising Using Neural Network”, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, Volume 5,Issue 12, December 2017.
- Hybrid Model for Image Classification and Analysis of Best Enhancement Technique, International Journal of Engineering Research in Computer Science and Engineering (IJERCSE), Vol 4, Issue 8, August 2017.
- Comparison of Regression with Neural Network Model for the Variation of Vanishing Point with View angle in Depth Estimation with varying brightness, International Journal of Advanced Trends in Computer Science and Engineering, Vol.2 , No.1, pp171-177 , 2013.
- Relationship Between View Angle and Distance Between Parallel Edges with Vanishing Point in 2D Images, Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering 248, DOI: 10.1007/978-81-322-1157-0_67, pp647 – 656 @ Springer India 2014.
- Path Generation for Robot Navigation using a Single Camera, Elsevier Procedia Computer Science 46, DOI: 10.1016/j.procs.2015.02.061,pp1425 – 1432, 2015.
- Path Generation for Robot Navigation Using a Single Ceiling Mounted Camera, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol 2, Issue 1, ISSN : 2395-3470, pp325-330, January 2016.
- 3D Reconstruction From Single 2D Image, International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering & Technology, ISSN: 2454 –5031, Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2016.
- Stereo Matching Algorithm for 3D Reconstruction from 2D Images, International Journal For Technological Research In Engineering, Volume 1, Issue 9, May-2014 ISSN : 2347 – 4718, p878-881
- Generation of Images from Monocular Image for Stereovision, International Journal For Technological Research In Engineering, Volume 1, Issue 11,July-2014 ISSN : 2347 – 4718, p1295-1299
- 3D Model Reconstruction Using Multiple Planes from Single 2D Image, International Journal For Technological Research In Engineering, Volume 1, Issue 11, July-2014 ISSN : 2347 – 4718, p1279:1284
- A Survey on Depth Estimation for 3D Reconstruction of Images, InSc Second International Conference on Topical Transcends in Science, Technology and Management ICTTSTM– 2020, SSRN Jounal: 3668114, Institute of Scholars (InSc),p1246-1254.
- “Traffic Adaptive Deep Learning based Fine Grained Vehicle Categorization in Cluttered Traffic Videos”, (IJACSA) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 12, No. 9, 2021. (DOI) : 10.14569/IJACSA.2021.0120911
- “A self adaptive cognitive deep learning framework for classifying graphology features to Big five personality traits”, in International Journal of Advanced Technology and Engineering Exploration, Vol 9(93) ISSN (Print): 2394-5443 ISSN (Online): 2394-7454 http://dx.doi.org/10.19101/IJATEE.2021.875577. Page No: 1151:1167
- “DWAPCAM” at National Conference on High Speed Networks on March 1st, 2007 at IS Dept., NHCE, B’lore.
- “Remote WebCam Controlling System Using Reliable Secure Wireless Media” at National Conference on Recent Trends in Data Communication & Computer Networks on feb 27th, 2007 at EC Dept., NHCE, B’lore.
- A Mathematical Model for the Determination of Distance of an Object in a 2D Image, 17th International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition (IPCV’13), World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing during July 22-25, 2013, Las Vegas, USA.
- Automatic Generation of Second Image from an Image for Stereovision, IEEE International conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI2014), ISBN: 978-1-4799-3080-7, pp920-927.
- “Handwriting Analysis Through Graphology: A Review”, IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI)-2018, held on 19-22 September, 2018 at PESIT Bangalore, Electronic ISBN: 978-1-5386-5314-2 , Print on Demand(PoD) ISBN: 978-1-5386-5315-9.
- “A Review on Video Based Vehicle Detection, Recognition and Tracking”, at 3rd IEEE International Conference on Computational Systems and Information Technology for Sustainable Solutions 2018, ISBN: 978-1-5386-6078-2, pp183-186.
- Presented a paper titled “A Comparative analysis of the segmentation and classification of Pneumonia from chest x-rays images” at International Conference on Computing System and its Applications ICCSA-2021 at Acharya Institute of Technology on 16th July 2021. The paper won best paper award.
- Presented a paper titled “Ensemble Deep Learning to Classify Specific Types of ‘t’ and ‘i’ patterns in Graphology” at International Conference on Computing System and its Applications ICCSA-2021 at Acharya Institute of Technology on 16th July 2021.
- Presented a paper titled “Deep Learning Assisted Active Net Segmentation of Vehicles for Smart Traffic Management” at International Conference on Computing System and its Applications ICCSA-2021 at Acharya Institute of Technology on 16th July 2021. The paper won best paper award.
- Presented and published paper titled “Analysing Mental Health Evaluation Techniques from a Statistical Perspective”, at Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Integrated Intelligent Computing Communication & Security (ICIIC 2021), Atlantis Highlights in Computer Sciences, ISBN 978-94-6239-428-5.
- Presented a paper titled “A CNN Approach To Detect Vanishing Point By Considering Street Lane” at 5th IEEE International Conference on Computational Systems and Information Technology for Sustainable Solutions (CSITSS-2021) at RVCE Bangalore during 16th – 18th December 2021.
Technical Talks/Webinars Arranged
- Arranged a technical talk at Institution of Engineers Mysore on Perspective View (Computer Vision) by Dr. S Murali on 2nd January 2019.
- Arranged a technical talk at Institution of Engineers Mysore on Artificial in Medicine by Dr. B S Mahananda on 13th February 2019.
- Conducted 5 days workshop on “Big Data Analytics & The Internet of Things” during 08/04/19 to 12/04/2019 for our students in association with GeeksLab Technologies.
- Arranged a technical talk at Institution of Engineers Mysore on Cloud Computing Services using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) by Mr. Srinivas R C, Technical Specialist at Nokia R&D Unit, Bangalore. on 7th August 2019.
- Organized National Level webinar on “Data Science” on 24th June 2020 in association with Ksoft, Noida
- Organized National Level webinar on “Python and Django” on 26th June 2020 in association with Ksoft, Noida
- Organized National Level webinar on “Student Outreach Program on UPSC Examination” on 30th June 2020 in association with ICST, Mysore
- Organized National Level webinar on “Importance of Fibonacci Series” on 2nd July 2020.
- Organized National Level webinar on “How to get Patent?- Regulations by IPR Department” on 8th July 2020 in association with ICST, Mysore
- Organized National Level webinar on “Information Security Issues and Challenges” on 11th July 2020 in association with Cyber Peace Foundation, Hyderabad.