Faculty Name : Dr. Kiran Kumar P
● Ph.D Chemistry
● M.Sc Chemistry
|Google Scholor ID||https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=MgFJXRsAAAAJ|
● 13+ Years of Experience
● Working as Assistant professor at ATME College of Engineering from 8/9/2010 till date.
● Lecturer for one year from 1/8/2009 to 01/09/2010.
1. Pujar, Malathi, Kiran Kumar Prem Kumar, Avinash Krishnegowda, and Ravishankar H. Sadashivanna. “Recent Trends in Green Synthesis of ZnO Nanomaterials Using Plant Extracts.”. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET). Volume: 08, Special Issue | Oct 2021.
2. “Microwave assisted green synthesis of ZnO and Ag doped ZnO nanoparticles as antifungal and antibacterial agents using Colocasia esculenta leaf extract”, International Journal of Nanoparticles, 2019 Vol.11 No.3, pp.239 – 263. Kiran Kumar Prem Kumar; Nandipura D. Dinesh; Satish Kumar Murari. (Indexed in Scopus, Chemical Abstracts (CAS) and Google Scholar). (ISSN online: 1753-2515, ISSN print: 1753-2507). DOI: 10.1504/IJNP.2019.102624.
3. “Synthesis of CuO and Ag doped CuO nanoparticles from Muntingia calabura leaf extract and evaluation of their antimicrobial potential”, International Journal of Nano and Biomaterials. Kiran Kumar Prem Kumar; Nandipura D. Dinesh; Satish Kumar Murari. (Indexed in Scopus, Chemical Abstracts (CAS), Embase (Elsevier) and Google Scholar). (ISSN online: 1752-8941, ISSN print: 1752-8933). DOI: 10.1504/IJNBM.2019.10023555.
4. “Synthesis and Characterization of CuO, Ag Doped CuO Nano Composites using Colocasia esculenta by Green Method”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Geo Science, Material Science and Civil Engineering, (RTGMCE-2017), Conference Paper. (ISBN: 978-93-86256-67-6).
Scientific Magazine Articles:
1. Scientific article entitled “PLANT-BASED FOOD: Food of the Future” has been published in the national magazine “Food Infotech”. Authors: Dr. P. Kiran Kumar, Assistant Professor, ATME College of Engineering, Mysuru 570028, India. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Pothiyappan Karthik, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Food Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education (Deemed to be University), Coimbatore 641021, India.Email ID: email@example.com. Article Link: PLANT-BASED FOOD – FOOD OF THE FUTURE (foodinfotech.com)
2. Scientific article entitled “Food Waste Management: A Necessary Step towards ensuring a Sustainable Environment” has been published in the national magazine “Food Infotech”. Authors: Dr. P. Kiran Kumar, Assistant Professor, ATME College of Engineering, Mysuru 570028, India. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Pothiyappan Karthik, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Food Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education (Deemed to be University), Coimbatore 641021, India.Email ID: email@example.com. Article Link: https://www.foodinfotech.com/food-waste-management-a-necessary-step-to-a-sustainable-environment/
Roles and Responsibility
● Associate to Dean Academics
● Department A-IMS Coordinator
● Website Coordinator
● Course Coordinator
● Awarded Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) for research title “Synthesis And Characterization Of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles As Antifungal And Antibacterial Agents”. Under Visvesvaraya Technological University in October 2020.
Professional body membership
● Life member ISTE Chapter
● Participated in the Online AICTE Recognized Faculty Development Programme on “Smart Materials Processing and Applications” from 25/07/2022 to 29/07/2022 (One Week) Conducted by Applied Science Department NITTTR, Chandigarh
● Presented Research article “Analytical Determination of Hemoglobin By Spectrophotometric Method” Authors: Ravishankar H Sadashivanna, Dr. Avinash Krishnegowda, Dr. Kiran Kumar P, Held at ICRTST-2022 Held at ATMECE, Mysore
● Presented Research article “Nanostructured ZnO & CoO doped transition metal oxide nanoparticles as antibacterial agents” Authors: Malathi Pujar, Dr. Kiran Kumar P, Dr. Avinash Krishnegowda. Held at ICRTST-2022 Held at ATMECE, Mysore
● Participated in the Online AICTE Recognized Teachers training program on Faculty “An Overview of Teaching Techniques in Scientific Foundations of Health” from 20/12/2021 to 24/12/2021 Conducted by Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU HRDC.
● Participated in the Online AICTE Recognized Faculty Development Programme on “Green Energy Materials and Technology” from 29/11/2021 to 03/12/2021 (one Week) Conducted by Applied Science Department NITTTR, Chandigarh
● Online Workshop “Advanced Techniques for Materials Characterization” organized by MNIT Jaipur on July 6th to 10th 2020.
● Seminar on Drug Design and Analysis Organized by SAGE University, Indore on 18th to 22nd May 2020.
● Online Course on “Structural Analysis of Nanomaterials” online mode at NPTEL-AICTE on July-Aug 2020.
● Nanomaterials and Devices from 27-04-20 to 01-05-20 (One Week) organized by SWAYAM NITTR Chandigarh.
● E-Learning program on “Fuel and Combustion” organized by TATA e-Learning Programme
● E-Learning program on “Basic Metallurgy” organized by TATA e-Learning Programme
● E-Learning program on “MS-Office” organized by TATA e-Learning Programme
● FDP on Advance Topic in Chemical Sciences on 15th to 21st organized by Nallamuthu * Gounder Mahalingam College, Pollachi, Coimbatore District, Tamil Nadu.
● Workshop on “Materials Characterization by SEM and XRD” organized by Centre for Incubation, Innovation, Research & Consultancy. Bangalore. On 12th July 2019.
● International Symposium on Developing Drugs for Tomorrow (Challenges and Opportunities) organized by AIMS BG Nagar Karnataka from 1st and 2nd Feb 2018.
● National Seminar on “Chemistry of Nanomaterials and their Engineering Applications” organized by AIT Chikkamagaluru on 10th Feb 2018.
● Workshop 21st, 22nd & 23rd Sep 2017 Research Methodologies & LaTeX Vivekananda College of Engg and Technology, Puttur
● Symposium “Recent Development in Science, Engineering and Technology” organized by ATMECE Mysore on 10th Oct 2017.
● Seminar on “Nanotechnology for Energy, Environment and Health” organized by NIEIT Mysuru on 28th Feb 2017.
● National Seminar on “Material Science and Nanotechnology” Organized by VVIET Mysuru
● National workshop on Interfacing Innovation & IPR for Diffusion of Technology, from ATMECE Mysuru on 19th Jan 2017.
Research Area of Interest
● Synthesis, Characterization and applications of nanoparticles in the field of chemistry, biology, materials science, and engineering.