Dr. Shakunthala C
- Ph. D( Electrical and Electronics Engineering Sciences )
- M. Tech (Computer Applications in Industrial drives)
- B. E( Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at VidyaVikas Institute of Engineering and Technology Mysuru, from July 2012 to November 2017.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at National Institute of Engineering Mysuru, from August 2018 to July 2019
- Working as an Associate Professor at ATME College of Engineering Mysuru, from April 2021 to till date
Total: 7 Years
- Shakunthala C, Dr. SurekhaManoj, “Energy Harvesting from Dairy and Hospital Wastewater using Microbial Fuel Cell (MFC)” Springer, pp 440-446.
- Shakunthala C, Dr. SurekhaManoj, “Comparative Study on Different Electrodes to Improve Performance of Microbial Fuel Cells (MFC)” International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering and Management (IJAIEM), Volume 6, Issue 10, October 2017, ISSN 2319-4847.
- Shakunthala C, Dr. SurekhaManoj, “Microbial Fuel Cell (MFC) for Energy Production from Wastewater: A Review” International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Vol. 6, Issue 9, September 2017 ISSN (Online): 2319-7064
- Shakunthala C, Dr. SurekhaManoj, “Energy Harvesting using Microbial Fuel Cell (MFC)” National Journal Bonfring, Vol. 3, Issue 2, Dr. AIT Bangalore during April 23rd -24th
- Divya B N, Shakunthala C, “ Design and Testing of 10W SSPA based S band Transmitting module” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 6, Issue 5, May 2019.
- Lavanya D C, Shakunthala C, “ Hob Grinding Machine Automation using PLC and HMI” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 6, Issue 5, May 2019.
Roles and Responsibility
- Department level NAAC criteria 6 coordinator
- V Semester Class In-charge
- Power Electronics Lab In-charge
Professional body membership
- Two days workshop on “Grid Tied/Stand Alone Wind/PV Energy System” conducted by VVIET, Mysuru during July 14-15, 2014.
- One day workshop on “Review of Literature” conducted by VVIET, Mysuru on March 25th
- Two days Faculty Development Programme on “Sustainable Energies: An Inter- Disciplinary Research Perspective” conducted by NIEIT, Mysuru during January 22-23, 2016.
- One day workshop on “Avoiding the Risks of Plagiarism” conducted by VVIET, Mysuru on October 10th
- TEQIP-II sponsored two days workshop on “MATLAB Application and its Latest Features” at NIE, Mysuru during March 23-24, 2017.
- TEQIP-III sponsored one week workshop on “Resilient Operation of Electronically Coupled Systems in Electrical Power Grid” at NIE, Mysuru during July 08-12, 2019.
@ National Level
- TEQIP-II sponsored one week National Workshop on “Distributed Generation and Power Quality” at NIE, Mysore from June 9-13, 2014.
- TEQIP-II sponsored two days International Symposium on “Advances in Power Distribution Engineering: Distributed Generation, Micro-Grid Renewable Integration” at NIE, Mysore during August 28-29, 2015.
- Attended and Presented a Paper on “ Modelling and Simulation of Separately Excited DC Motor using Chopper Control” at Second National Conference on Wireless Control and Communication Technologies- NCWCT 2014, AIT Bangalore during April 24th -25th 2014.
- Attended and Presented a Paper on “ Energy Harvesting using Microbial Fuel Cell (MFC)” at TEQIP-II sponsored Third National Conference on Computational Control Systems and Optimization- CCSO 2015, AIT Bangalore during April 23rd -24th 2015
- Attended and presented a paper on “ Green Energy generation using Double Chamber Microbial Fuel Cell (DCMFC) and a DC-DC converter at ICRTST 2021, ATMECE, Mysuru.
Research Area of Interest
- Power Systems
- Control Systems
- Alternative Energy Sources