Faculty Name: RAVIKUMAR S
• Ph. D (Course work completed)
• M Sc. (Engineering) By Research.
• B. E.
• Worked as workshop manager at Sterling Motors, TATA Motors Dealer, Nasik, Maharashtra. Between Feb.1998 to June 1999
• Worked as Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Department at Cauvery Polytechnic, Gonikoppal, Coorg Dist. For 8 years from July 1999 to June 2007 and as HOD in the same department for 5 years from July 2007 to July 2012. Joined this institution on July 2012 and presently working as Associate Professor.
• Teaching Experience: 22 Years
• Industrial Experience: 01 Years
1. Ravikumar S, Yathisha N“A Comparative Study on Stress Concentration Factor in a Centrally Notched Glass-Fibre/Epoxy Plate by Theoretical and Finite Element Analysis”, IJRSI journal Volume 2, Issue 9; Sep-2015.
2. Ravikumar S, Harsha DN, “Study of Sustainable Utility of Biomass Energy Technologies for Rural Infrastructure and Village Power-Opportunities by Developing Bio Village Model”, IJRET journal, Volume 3, Issue 11; November 2014.
3. Ravikumar S, Rangaswamy T, Partha MK,“Thermophoresis Effects on Heat and Mass Transfer in A Non-Darcy Porous Medium”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering,Volume-1, Issue-1, July-2013.
1. Ravikumar S, Harsh DN, “Biogas Production from Jaggery Waste using Low Cost Biogas Plant”, National Conference on Renewable Energy Technology: Future, Opportunity and Challenges for India held during March 9-10, 2017.
2. Ravikumar S, Thejkumar J, Harsha DN, “Performance Analysis of Low Cost Biogas Plant using Jaggery Waste”, International conference on ICAMES held at PES College of Engineering, Mandya on 21-22, April 2017.
3. Ravikumar S, Rangaswamy T, Partha MK, “Thermophoresis Effects on Heat and Mass Transfer in A Non-Darcy Porous Medium”, International conference on Advanced Engineering and Technology, 3rd Feb, 2013, Mysore. ISBN:978-93-82702-10-8, pp77-82.
Roles and Responsibility
• Successfully carried out the responsibilities as a coordinator of Departmental committees like Academic coordinator, Test coordinator, Technical Seminar coordinator, etc.
• At the College level worked as Member of Anti Sexual Harassment committee, Member of
College Internal Complaints Committee.
• Department NBA coordinator
• VTU examination EMS coordinator for two years and as Test squad member.
• Member of IQAC steering committee.
Professional body membership
• Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
• Life member of Institute of Engineers of India (IEI)