Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is a path-breaking policy initiative of the Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India implemented through AICTE and MoE’s Innovation Cell to systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to promotion and support of “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and faculties.
Below are the major parameters considered in ARIIA for ranking:
- Activities to promote and support innovation & start-up in the campus
- Pre-incubation and incubation infrastructures & facilities available in campus
- Academic courses offered by the institute on innovation, IPR and start-up
- Successful innovation and start-ups emerged from campus
- Investment, collaboration and partnerships with ecosystem enablers
- Research outputs; publications and intellectual properties generated
- Technology transfer and commercialization efforts
The very first edition of ARIIA started in 2019 and total 496 institutes competed to get a position in the ranking. The result was announced on 8th April 2019 in presence of Hon’ble President of India has announced the names. For the 2nd edition of ARIIA (2020), a total of 674 institutes were participated and rankings were announced by Hon’ble Vice-President of India on 18th August 2020. The current edition of ARIIA 2021 saw unprecedented participation as compared to earlier two editions. Out of total of 3551 HEIs registered, 1438 institutions (including all IITs, NITs, IISc, etc.) participated which is more than double as compared to 2nd edition and approximately 4 times as compared to the first edition. This 3rd edition of ARIIA has introduced a special framework for non-technical institutions that further strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in Indian higher education institutions.
ARIIA 2021 classify participating institutions into under two major categories; Technical and Non-technical. The technical category has following 5 sub-categories;
- CFTIs, Central University, & Institute of National Importance
- State University & Deemed University (Govt. & Govt. Aided)
- Govt. College/Institution (Govt. & Govt. Aided)
- University & Deemed University (Self-Finance/Private)
- Private College/Institute (Self-Finance/Private)
All these submitted applications were subjected to multiple stages of screening, validation evaluation as per the ARIIA framework and guideline developed by the evaluation committee. Based on the score and range developed for the parameters and sub-parameters and category wise score and rank prepared for HEIs. Top-performing technical and non-technical HEIs assigned with a rank and band of ‘Outstanding’ whereas all the remaining technical and non-technical institutions in each category assigned a band of either ‘Excellent’ ‘Performer’, ‘Promising’ or ‘Beginner’ to encourage their effort and participation in ARIIA.
We are proud to announce that Academy for Technical and Management Excellence (ATME) college of Engineering is listed under Band-Beginner.